- Apply financial and non-financial ranking techniques to the selection of appropriate projects for a given organization
- Construct a partial project plan (including the scope baseline and stakeholder register and analysis).
- Evaluate project management communication, teamwork, and methods
1.4 Integrate theory and method
4.1 Demonstrate personal autonomy and accountability in the execution of a substantial authentic project;
4.2 Apply knowledge and skills with initiative and/or creativity to new situations.
- Construct a partial project plan (including risk analysis, procurement plan, communication plan, schedule baseline (Gantt (CPA and CCPM) chart and network), HR management plan and cost baseline).
- Apply appropriate project planning software.
- Formulate appropriate responses for dealing with unexpected variations to project plans
4.1. Demonstrate personal autonomy and accountability in the execution of a substantial authentic project;
4.2. Apply knowledge and skills with initiative and/or creativity to new situations.
Assignment 1 and 2 Case Scenarios
There is a choice of the following case studies to choose from for your project. You can select one of the following case studies
Case One Information Systems
The assignment one project is to implement a project management system. The system will comprise scope definition and feasibility module, stakeholder management module, communication module, procurement module and costing modules. The system is a acquired from a third party. Staff will need to be educated about each module.
The system will be established with data imported via comma delimited files or XML. Data will need to be prepared/parsed for import.
It is necessary to purchase a server to run the system and 20 client PCs. The PCs need to be configured with Windows 10 and added to an existing network. The server needs to be setup and tested.
The project requires as a minimum the high-level work activities as follows:
- Requirements gathering
- Server installation
- Installation of server software
- Client PC setup with windows 10
- Client project software installed on each PC
- Test of each pc
- Parse and import data
- User acceptance testing of the application
- Go live support
- Project review
The above elements need to be expanded to create a project plan Case Two Environmental Science
The water in Sorrento Quay is polluted as the water does not flow from and to the Indian Ocean. You are required to investigate and propose a solution. The water needs to be sampled over a 6 week period.
You also need to hire a diver and equipment to get samples from different locations and depths. A diver needs to be hired and equipment to get samples from different locations and depths.
You need to establish a small testing environment in an existing Lab., purchasing a minimum of four relevant pieces of equipment. A final report needs to be prepared and presented to Joondalup City Council.
The project requires as a minimum the high-level work activities as follows.
- Lab. setup
- Lab testing
- Obtain and test water (iterative process)
- Conclusion report
- • Presentation
- Acceptance by Joondalup City Council
The above elements need to be expanded to create a project plan Case Three – Non Information Systems or Environmental
PM Nurseries (PMN) is a large garden centre company operating throughout Australia and New Zealand. The Board of Directors have been developing their business strategy and have put forward a resolution to take on several projects to improve the business brand. As part of this improvement several garden centres have been earmarked for upgrading. The justification for these upgrades is competitive necessity resulting from a loss of market share in centres where the competition has opened new stores nearby.
As the PMN Regional Manager Grace has been asked to prepare a project management baseline plan for the renovation of an existing garden centre based in the Joondalup area. The garden centre is located on the edge of a major shopping district and predominantly serves shoppers in the area. The board have acquired 600m2 block of land next to the garden centre, with provisional approval to develop an uncovered external area which will be used to display and sell outdoor plants, trees, garden materials and equipment. The approved design is very similar to the external area successfully deployed by your competitor Gunnings who are located nearby.
As a minimum the area will include:
- Preparation of site ready for development (levelling and concreting)
- Boundary fencing
- CCTV system
- Two checkout stations
- Watering system to maintain the quality of vegetation on display
- Areas for
- Plants, trees, shrubs
- Garden pots
- Garden furniture
- Single washroom facility
- Fully detailed scope management plan which includes the WBS
- Stakeholder Management Plan
- HRM Plan including Organisation chart, RACI matrix and resource histogram
- Schedule baseline using MS Project which clearly indicates CPA and valid network
- Risk Management plan including the risk register
- Cost Management plan with bottom up budget, cost baseline and valid ‘S’- Curve
- Procurement plan including the six steps with good attention to proposal evaluation
- Communications plan including the communications register
Get solution for the above assignment. Contact me